Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BECKEM WADE PRUETT

On May 30th at 7:30 pm our baby boy joined our family! He is perfect in every single way!
He weighed in at 6 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long! And the big shocker had plenty of dark hair! (Addison was born with peach fuzz).

The birth story goes a little something like this... (can skip to pictures cause its going to be long)

Monday morning was memorial day and Jake had the day off... Addison decided to wake up at 8 and come into our bed. Well I was talking with her about breakfast and what she wanted and she told me a sandwich with cheese. I said well maybe we can go get some donuts or something and asked what she wanted on her donut... she said pickles.

Well I woke Jake up asking if he wanted to go to breakfast and he suggested Beez cafe in Roy.
So we got some what ready and headed out. During breakfast I started having some pretty intense contractions. Nothing like when I had contractions with Addison.
When we got home I thought I would get myself and Addison bathed and ready for the day.
As I was doing my makeup my contractions started to get really close and hard for me to stand up... I started to time them around 11 and by 1 thirty we thought we should head to the hospital. After packing some last minute things and packing Addi's bag we headed out by 2 pm. My parents met us there and took Addison while we headed up to see if they would admit me.
By this point my contractions were so bad I thought I was going to die! They checked me and I was at a 5 and a half and STAYING! I asked if I could get an epidural as soon as possible and she said yes but they had to call the DR that did it cause they were so slow that they had sent him home! I thought I could bawl my eyes out right then and there.
Good thing was he only lived 5 minutes away. So I was admitted into my room at 3:30 pm
After being in my room for an hour they checked me and I was at a 7... They started to get concerned with how fast I was progressing because I was positive for strep B and I had to have the medicine in my IV for four hours before I delivered the baby so I wouldn't pass it to him. They had started the IV at 3:30.
The next hour she checked me and said I was at an 8 or 9, so I said so Im at a 8 and a half and she was like no... more like a 9. They said the good thing is that my water hadn't broke yet and if I get to a ten and it still hasn't broke yet then I could wait till 7:30 or until it breaks, whichever happens first.
By 6 they checked me and I was indeed at a 10! However my water had not yet broke and I had an hour and a half to go. My Dr got there at 7:25 to break my water.... lets just say when he broke it I thought of Niagra falls ha ha TMI. The Dr checked and he was sunnyside up so he had to flip him and At 7:27 I felt like pushing and my Dr said to go for it. I pushed a few times and Beckem arrived at exactly 7:30!
He came out with lots of hair and it was dark! Jake and I were so surprised!

Beckem has been a pretty good sleeper and when he is hungry he will for sure let you know!
Addison loves her baby brother and whenever she hears him make a noise she will say oh my gosh... She sings to him and tells him that he is so tiny. She has been a great big sister so far.

We feel so blessed to have a healthy and happy baby boy, he brings so much joy into our lives.



















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! keep it up.So I can see the kids grow.

Bain Becomes a Master said...

I am in love with your family!

Jami said...

He is adorable! Congrats!