Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The BIG Move!

Back in the end of February Jake's company asked if he would be willing to move out to Arkansas.
When Jake told me I laughed and said um no (it was probably a little more PG 13 than that.  I wanted to stay close to family and friends! Utah was my home and I loved it there for the most part.
Well his company flew us out the beginning of March to check things out.  I still wasn't for it and would pray every night that Jake would realize it wasn't a good idea and would back out of it.  Well that obviously never happened!
I can honestly say I love everything out here! We moved to such a pretty area... lots of trees and wild life! The ward is great... I have never felt so welcomed into a ward before! The people (strangers) here are so kind! We have already done lots of fun things here.
I was afraid of getting homesick but that has yet to happen. Everyone in our ward basically works for WalMart since we are by the headquarters, which means most people here are transplants.  Not a lot of them have family here so the ward really becomes your family.  It really is such a great place to live!

On June 7th we left Utah on a long journey towards our new home! Luckily Jake's company paid for a our stuff and Jake's car to be shipped so we got to drive together.
It took us two days of driving all day to finally get to our hotel in Arkansas. We were suppose to be close on our house the next day but that ended up taking another week and a half! Yep, we lived in a Hotel for that long with two kids and a weeks worth of clothes.  Someone in our new ward took our dog for us (such lifesavers) and took great care of him.  Well on June 18th we finally closed and moved into our beautiful home! I love our house and the neighborhood... I actually feel safe and we don't hear dogs constantly barking in the middle of the night! Hahaha I don't miss our old place at all.  Sorry.
However, I do miss our friends back home and my family! I miss my mom... Having her so far away is hard.
I miss my OB...  HAHA Let me explain. I had a great OB back in Utah who delivered both my kids! Well in this new ward it seems like everyone is pregnant (no joke) and every Sunday they announce someone else has had a baby so you can imagine how baby hungry you could get here. No, we are not having another one anytime soon but it just makes me scared to think I wont have my next baby without Dr Spencer.
I miss Zupas... I miss the Mountains, and I miss Tucanos...Need I say more?

The first half of our drive! 

Hotel sleeping 
Looking at the outside world... 
We ate out way tooo much while living in the Hotel


Our House




















4 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

I must admit, I am really jealous of your house. I wish you missed Utah as much as we miss you! Just kidding. I know you miss us--who wouldn't?! ;) I can't wait to come out there, but I have a feeling that won't happen for a long time! Come home soon!

PS. Dr. Spencer for life! (sausage fingers, chapped lips, and all!)

Kelsey said...

Seriously LOVE your house!! So pretty! Tyce asked me yesterday "Why didn't Addi come to my birthday?" I have told him a million times that she lives far away now but I think he just doesn't understand! :(

Julie said...

Alicia, I am so glad your adjustment is going so well! As an easterner I miss the green. I remember how I bawled my eyes out when I left PA to move to Utah, and now I realize if I would ever leave Utah I would bawl my eyes out. I love that if you are LDS you have a family where ever you go. Your house is beautiful, and congrats!

Unknown said...

Seriously the ward makes all the difference. I'm glad you like it there, hope to see you soon.