Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's been a very long time... so here is a little update!

My friend Kelsey has been getting on my case about updating since the last time I posted was back in MAY! I know, I know.... I am such a slacker. Well I will try to do my best to let the very few that read this know what has been going on with us.

On July 12 we got some surprising but exciting news! We were expecting our first child! It was a Saturday and it was my friend's (Kelsey) baby shower and she kept telling me that I should take a test since I was having some signs of being pregnant. Well I had put it off long enough and after the shower I went to her house to take it. Well I took it and I was like oh... its negative like last time.
Kelsey told me to show her... she was like um that means positive! I thought it could only have the positive sign to mean I was pregnant. I was so shocked!
Jake this whole time was out golfing with his friend and was suppose to be meeting me at my parents, and I didn't want to tell him over the phone so I left to go meet him... lets just say that it was an overwhelming drive.
Well I met Jake at my parents and told him the sweet news. He was pretty shocked himself, but was very excited.

I am now just about 19 weeks along and the Dr said it looks like we are having a baby GIRL!
When I found that out all I could think about was those adorable headbands! Our big appointment is coming in 2 weeks and we will know for sure if it is for sure a girl.
The Dr was pretty sure since she was spread eagle. :) My two older sisters Sharee and Jessica are also having babies both January so a little before me and they too are having girls!
I have been feeling baby Pruett kick a ton this past week and on conference Sunday the baby was kicking like crazy! Jake even got to feel the tiny tap. It was amazing!
Well thats all the updating for tonight, but I will try to keep this updated.

5 comments:

Tyler and Camie said...

Oh my goodness your prego!!! I can't believe it that is so exciting congratulations!

Kelsey said...

That Kelsey must be really smart for telling you to update your page, What its been like 4 months or so? You should listen to her more often :)Anyway its been too long!! I can't wait for you to have your baby, so our babies can play!!

Kelly & Jamie said...

Yay Alicia! i am so glad you updated us on everything! Congratulations i am so excited for little baby pruett! I love you girly and i miss you, me and you and cam and jo are going to have to have a girls night soon k! i wanna see that little belly of yours!

Amy said...

It's about freakin time! Congrats on the baby!

Jodie said...

that is so exciting alicia, congrats! Im so happy for you both! your little girl is going to be adorable!!